Mehn this 2021 had a lot for me in multiple gift packs with different sizes and different reactions. I thought I had gotten used to not getting hit when it all seems wrong or hard but I am still human.
I see many people highlighting their greatest ‘W’ this year and I would be lying if I said I didn’t have any major win.
My wins this year in summary are:
- I took my mental health more seriously. this was priority for me as at the beginning of the year I felt I was getting mad. The pressure was too intense I felt out of love with Art, my job as an IT support specialist and my design career. I became cranky and in fact Lagos frustrated me (lols). Then at a point in February I took that decision to prioritize my mental health and I did that with ease.
- I got married o, like Nollywood film I carried my legs into my husband house legally and traditionally in April. I get to stay with my best friend and greatest supporter. It is not an easy something.
- I took designing more seriously. Past few month as been beautiful with designing and being mentored by a badass senior designer ( I need to write about him someday), I got gigs that I couldn’t believe I would ever work on. I crafted a SAAS solution from start to finish. I built my portfolio https://kudirat.webflow.io/ with a no code tool in days (I am shocked myself).
- I became a founding member of a design agency and we are building a beautiful product at the moment.
- I am also a part of a startup team ‘HIDEA’ that would be changing lives in 2022.
- My abstract art is hanging in the house of more than 20 beautiful clients.
When there are wins , there would obviously be losses also. I had a few of these too.
- All my design job application got rejected, I was pained when I had an interview with a remote company and one mistake made the company drop me. I felt so sad for almost a week.
- Had challenges with my health that I couldn’t share with friends and I ended up loosing so many friends at a point I wasn't even bothered about trying to keep anyone again.
Reflecting has made me see 2022 as another chance to keep fighting to reach my goals. I hope you can also see that being alive this very moment is a major win and you should not over pressurize yourselves.
We would all get something hooge (wink).
Cheers to a new year!!!